Wednesday

Gifts for Grandparents



Grandparents usually have everything they need. But the thing that means most to grandparents are their grandchildren! I've even been told that "You don't know the meaning of love until you have a grandchild". I find that hard to believe knowing how much I love my kids, but I guess I'll just have to wait to find out!

One thing grandparents never have enough of, is pictures of their grandchildren. And another thing that grandparents don't have enough of, are pictures of THEMSELVES WITH their grandchildren. So, I encouraged Grandpa Mike here, to take a picture of him with his beautiful granddaughter Victoria. It was a nice photo, but needed some photoshop work to take out a distracting background.

I incorporated a hand drawn picture of a tree, with added roots and leaves (great metaphor) (thank you photoshop!) to reflect the sentiment in the lovely words that Victoria wrote to her beloved grandpa. Then I added a gradient background to pull it all together. Completed, this keepsake will be a gift treasured by both for years to come.

Have a grandparent who you love and want to make happy? Think about Beautiful Calligraphy and YOUR Words to live by!

from the heart,
Lianda